The Proposal Writer will be responsible for developing high-quality documents and competitive proposals; conducting research related to proposals and specialized requirements of funding sources. The incumbent will ensure that proposals are written in clear and convincing language; must be able to coordinate and work closely with other team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with other team members, lead the proposal development process; Review and identify key requirements from Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Research background materials and collate information from various sources (internal and external strategy documents, previous proposals, reports, and research studies) to obtain relevant information and data for proposal development.
- Develop proposal plans, outlines, timetables, templates to guide the proposal writing process in compliance with specific solicitation requirements.
- Draft proposal content in line with solicitation requirements that are compliant and responsive to the technical specification of RFPs.
- Provide technical guidance and review, edit and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials from other contributing team members.
- Deliver completed written proposals, contract bids within the RFPs and contract bids timelines, consulting where necessary.
- Establish a network of subject matter experts to support senior staff to strengthen their competitive intelligence to enable successful pursuit of contract opportunities within the international development community.
- Analyze the international development community contract bids trends and competitiveness and, provide data and recommendations to inform senior management and executive decision-making.
Selection will be on a competitive basis based on the following criteria;
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Advanced degree in Communication, English, Journalism, International Development, related fields or equivalent field experience.
Experience: Minimum of 6 -7 years of experience as a Proposal Writer in the field of international development or relevant field; Proven experience in leading development and writing of high-quality and wining proposals is highly desirable.
Language: Proven strong English writing skills and the ability to prepare clear and convincing proposals and other documents. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Respect for organizational, intercultural and ethical values
- Learning and Innovation
- Strong knowledge and experience in writing proposals on capacity development issues.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
- Knowledge of current trends, and practices pertaining to programming of major international donors and other bilateral and multilateral organizations.
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff in proposal writing.
- Must be self-initiating and be able to work independently with strong organizing, work planning and scheduling skills, capable of handling large volumes of assignments accurately and thoroughly without losing focus.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and credible manner.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, lay-outing and formatting, packaging of large documents.
International Travel: Travel may be required to conduct research and to meet with involved parties.
ACBF staff lives the Values of Communication, Recognition, Excellency, Accountability and Modern.
Applications, quoting the reference “Proposal Writer/07/2019,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees should be received at the address below by 21 April 2019
The Executive Secretary
The African Capacity Building Foundation
P.O. Box 1562
Please note, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
ACBF is a smoke-free environment