Review project disbursement requests ensuring compliance with grant conditions and the Foundation’s policies and procedures and facilitate disbursement for timely project implementation in coordination with relevant departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support Project preparation including budget review of new projects.
2. Track and keep records and provide information on disbursements to projects and the operations department in order to monitor expenditure against the indicated categories of grant agreements.
3. Undertake project launch and financial supervision missions to ensure compliance with grant agreements and ACBF disbursement and procurement procedures.
4. Monitor recipients’ utilization of special (project) account funds, ensuring that the funds are properly accounted for and used in accordance with the policies and procedures.
5. Carry out monthly reconciliation of grant status and monitor financial data quality of the accounting system regarding assigned portfolio and recommend any corrective action.
6. Monitor the financial implementation of projects/programs including desk review and analysis of statements of expenditure, and financial reports by recipients.
7. Provide accounting support to other internally executed projects.
8. Attend to disbursement queries from the operations department in order to ensure synergy, flow of information and compliance with grant agreements.
9. Support the sharing of knowledge in areas of expertise writing briefing papers, and training ACBF and Project staff on disbursement matters.
Selection will be on a competitive basis based on the following criteria;
1. Education: MSc or MBA with specialization in Accounting, Finance, Management and membership of an internationally recognised professional accounting body such as CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or recognized equivalent.
2. Experience: A minimum of six years working experience in an accounting with four of those in a similar position in an international organisation.
3. Language proficiency: Excellent English and French skills are required for this position. Portuguese language will be an added advantage
Planning and organizing
Teamwork and collaboration
Respect for organizational, intercultural and ethical values
Learning and Innovation
- Strong experience in project disbursement processes, handling technical accounting and financial issues.
- Complete familiarity with accepted best practices of disbursement processes.
- Ability to make objective decisions and resolve problems, exercising the highest responsibility to handle confidential and sensitive issues in a reasonable and mature manner.
ACBF staff lives the Values of Communication, Recognition, Excellency, Accountability and Modern and all candidates should adhere to these values.
Applications, quoting the reference “Disbursement Officer /09/2019,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees should be received at the address below by 30 June 2019.
The Executive Secretary
The African Capacity Building Foundation
P.O. Box 1562
Please note, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
ACBF is a smoke-free environment.