A. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide input into the development and strengthening of the Foundation’s knowledge generation, sharing and utilization processes and build an internal ‘Knowledge and Learning’ program.
- Provide technical guidance towards the design, implementation, and performance reviews of capacity interventions at ACBF and clients’ level.
- Support the development of quality, timely and relevant knowledge products such as the Africa Capacity Report, Development Memoirs, Occasional Strategic Papers and services (including training and technical advisory services)
- Establish knowledge networks, partnerships and collaboration with think tanks, communities of practice across the continent and globally for capacity development knowledge generation and sharing.
- Contribute to development and promotion of innovative capacity development approaches reflecting the African context.
- Oversee the development of an up-to-date easy to access database of lessons learnt and best practices by capturing knowledge management practices through success stories in the relevant fields of ACBF intervention.
- Create quantitative and qualitative research instruments and research evaluation tools to capture and communicate key lessons learned in the relevant field of expertise.
- Conduct operations-related research and thematic/development-oriented research relating to capacity development and management issues within the areas of the Foundation’s core competences and in the relevant field of expertise.
- Assist the Director, Knowledge, Research and Learning in the design of strategies and systems for the effective management and exploitation of knowledge and information and their associated technologies in line with ACBF’s Strategic Plan.
- Support development and setting up of efficient knowledge/learning loops that inform programming between Knowledge & Learning with other operational units within the Foundation.
- Support development of staff, key partners and collaborators to become “knowledge professionals” through the identification of learning opportunities to ensure a pipeline of professional expertise and advice on all aspects of knowledge management as required.
- Contribute to the resource mobilization and business development activities of the Foundation.
B. Selection Criteria
Selection will be on a competitive basis based on the following criteria;
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
1. Education: Advanced university degree (PhD or Masters) in an Economics related field from a recognised institution.
2. Prior work experience: A minimum of eight years’ experience in the international development field with at least four years leading policy-oriented research and analytical activities for capacity development initiatives, is required. Experience in a similar position with an international organisation will be an added advantage.
3. Language proficiency: Excellent knowledge of English and French.
C. Core Competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Respect for organizational, intercultural and ethical values
- Learning and Innovation
D. Functional Competencies
- Ability to present information creatively and ability to easily spot errors and inconsistencies in a document.
- Strong presentation skills for diverse audiences (academic and policy-oriented)
- Ability to coordinate short-term trainings (including online)
- Strong grasp of knowledge management strategies and methods, translating results into strategic recommendations.
- Extensive practical experience in applying information technology to the implementation of knowledge management and knowledge sharing strategies
- Extensive experience in network management, organization of high-level events, collective research and supervision of publications.
- Publications track record in expert series, journals, books, etc.
ACBF staff lives the Values of Communication, Recognition, Excellency, Accountability and Modernity.
Applications, quoting the reference “Senior Knowledge Management Expert/05/2019,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees should be received at the address below by 17 February 2019.
The Executive Secretary
The African Capacity Building Foundation
P.O. Box 1562
Please note, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
ACBF is a smoke-free environment.