The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) is the leading institution for capacity development in Africa. With membership from 40 African Countries, the African development Bank, the United Nation’s Development Program, The World Bank, the organization was created to build human capital and institutional capacity for Africa’s sustainable development.
ACBF’s focus is on improving the effectiveness of Africa’s public sector institutions at country, regional and continental levels to become effective systems’ integrators and catalysers of sustainable and transformative change.
Since its creation in 1991, ACBF has trained more than 50,000 personnel in civil service, most of which hold key positions in Ministries of Finance, Planning or Economic Development and Central Banks across the continent. The Foundation has established a network of over 50 think thanks that support evidence-based policy making across Africa and conducted over 290 policy research/analysis which have been critical in informing economic management and establishing benchmarks for success.
ACBF’s strategy for the next five years will focus on responding to the current needs identified by member states and on building human capital and institutions for the future.
ACBF is launching a program to strengthen public financial management (PFM) functions in selected African countries. The program will equip senior officials working on PFM issues with the requisite skills to promote equitable allocation and utilization of public resources in a manner that promotes gender balance and wealth creation for the transformation of African economies. ACBF seeks to recruit a Program Coordinator for this program to join the ACBF family of highly talented and passionate individuals.
The Program Coordinator will manage all aspects of the PFM program. This will include supervision of program staff members, coordination of the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, and establishment and management of internal and external relationships.
- Provide overall leadership and management of the project, including, programmatic, human resource and financial aspects.
- Manage relationships and coordinate engagement with Ministries, key partners, and other stakeholders, and role of each partner and stakeholder, expected results, and milestones.
- Manage and provide the required guidance and support to the program team to deliver the program’s expected results, using the results framework, and work plans including the design of training programs and an outline of learning outcomes.
- Coordinate the overall budget management, work planning, administrative requirements, monitoring and reporting of activities throughout the program cycle, in line with the set-out program work plan and partner requirements.
- Ensure that all program expenditures are in line with the approved budget and properly accounted for.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual program progress reports to ensure smooth implementation of activities and timely submission of reports to ACBF Management team and partners.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director, Programs.
Required qualifications and experience
Selection will be competitive based on the following candidate profile:
- Advanced degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, or any relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Public Policy, Public Administration, including leadership roles in Public Finance Management
- Prior experience working with Government and international institutions is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior-level ministry officials.
- Experience in program management, design, and implementation, including institutional capacity development; as well as program monitoring and donor reporting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written and proven ability to prepare reports clearly and concisely, present, discuss and defend issues, findings, and recommendations.
- English and French are the working languages of ACBF. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Ability to effectively use software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook. Experience with project management in ERP systems would be an asset.
- Technical expertise in leadership and governance in public finance management and policy/administration is desirable.
- Experience in the implementation of internationally funded projects will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong research skills and ability to glean relevant information from various documents to produce quality technical, and policy reports and knowledge products.
- Good working knowledge of French is an added advantage
Applications, quoting the reference “Program Coordinator /01/2022,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees should be received at the address below by 31 December 2022.
The Executive Secretary
The African Capacity Building Foundation
P.O. Box 1562
Please note, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
ACBF is a smoke-free environment.
ACBF is a multicultural organisation which believes in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is made up of a team of progressive, passionate, and innovative individuals. The Foundation offers a collaborative, learning and rewarding work environment. ACBF respects the contribution of each team member and believes in investing in the professional and personal growth of its employees.
|VA-Program Coordinator.doc||84 KB|