Support to the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) can take any of the following forms:
- Becoming a Member of the Board of Governors
- Supporting a Strategic Medium Term Plan
- Entering into a Service Contract with ACBF
- Contributing to the Foundation’s endowment fund
1. Membership of the Board of Governors
Countries or institutions can become a member of the ACBF Board of Governors, by subscribing to the Foundation’s mandate and making financial contribution in accordance with the following guidelines:
- African countries or institutions: a minimum contribution of five hundred thousand (500,000) United States Dollars to the Strategic Medium Term Plan (SMTP)
- Non-African countries or institutions: a minimum contribution of one million (1,000,000) United States Dollars to the Strategic Medium Term Plan (SMTP)
To read the ACBF Constitution please click here
2. Support to a Strategic Medium Term Plan (SMTP)
Countries or institutions could support in whole or in part, specific activities within ACBF’s Strategic Medium Term Plan (SMTP) without necessarily becoming a member of the Board of Governors. No minimum contribution is set in this case.
3. Service Contract to coordinate the implementation of a Program/Project
ACBF undertakes capacity building work on a fee-for-service basis. Any country or institution may contract ACBF to undertake on its behalf, grant making and capacity building project/program in Africa.
4. Contributing to the Foundation’s Endowment Fund
Designed to ensure long-term finance, proceeds from the ACBF’s endowment fund is used to fund the Foundation’s capacity building activities across Africa. Contribution to the Endowment Fund is an investment in the future of capacity building in Africa and thus in the sustainable development of the continent.