Strengthening the National Secretariat of the Zimbabwe Economic Consultative Forum
Project Name:Strengthening the National Secretariat of the Zimbabwe Economic Consultative ForumInstitution :National Economic Consultative ForumProject Region :
Eastern & Southern AfricaCountry :ZimbabweStatus :ClosedGrant Number :79Grant Amount (USD):2 000 000Commitment Date:2001Closing Date:2006Introduction:
- Core Competence:
Economic Policy Analysis and Management
The overall objective of the project was to strengthen the capacity of the National Economic Consultative Forum to enable it to operate effectively and efficiently and to provide a consultative platform for interface among existing organizations and for facilitating relationship among policy (state), business, labour, academia, scientists and civil society.Project Description:
The objectives of the project were:
- To enhance the capacity of the Secretariat of the National Economic Consultative Forum to enable it to operate effectively and efficiently in creating partnership among key economic players, namely, Government, the private sector, labour and other stakeholders in the management of the national economy.
- To improve private-public sector and labour dialogue and consultation mechanisms.
- To strengthen understanding within the public sector, the private sector and labour of their respective and mutually supportive roles and encourage all the stakeholders to participate effectively in issues relating to economic development in Zimbabwe.
- To enhance the role of the private sector as the engine of growth in Zimbabwe.
The three project Components included:
- Institutional capacity building
- Consultative seminars, workshops, conferences, study tours, work attachments and national retreats
- Establishment of monitoring and evaluation systems
- Core Competence: