Centre for Analysis and Capacity Building in Togo (CADERT)
Project Name:Centre for Analysis and Capacity Building in Togo (CADERT)Institution :Republic of TogoProject Region :
West & Central AfricaCountry :TogoStatus :ActiveGrant Number :253Grant Amount (USD):2 000 000Approval Date:September 2009Commitment Date:2010Closing Date:2014Introduction:
- Core Competence:
Economic Policy Analysis and Management
The Center d’Analyse et De Renforcement des Capacités du Togo (Centre for Analysis and Capacity Building in Togo) - CADERT project is a result of the capacity needs assessment study of “Programme National de Renforcement des Capacités” produced by the National Capacity Building Focal Point (SENAREC) with ACBF’s support in 2006. The study called for the intervention of all development partners in Togo and ACBF in particular, to strengthen the capacity of Government, private sector and civil society. This followed a prolonged sociopolitical crisis in Togo which led to a marked deterioration in institutional and human capacity needed to manage the development process. At its 41st Regular Meeting, in September 2009, the ACBF Executive Board approved a grant of US$ 2 million to CADERT.Project Description:
The overall goal of CADERT is to strengthen the national economic policy analysis and management, and development programs in Togo.
The objectives of CADERT are to:
- Establish CADERT as a credible policy Think Tank;
- Improve the national expertise in design, analysis and management of economic policies and development programs;
- Provide the Government and other stakeholders with relevant research and analysis to guide policy formulation and inform decisions;
- Strengthen national capacity to undertake broad-based policy dialogue;
- Consolidate, generate, and disseminate knowledge on social economic development issues that would inform decisions in the development process.
- Core Competence: